Daily shipments have become standard for many residents due to the rise of online shopping. You appreciate the benefit of having packages left in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in the open are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy continues to be a serious concern, but you can do something about it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These components are effective tools to deter package theft, but they give you so much more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’ll likely be an integral part of your smart home.
Benefits of a Santa Fe video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells give you a range of innovative features, and the technology continues to improve. You can now customize detection zones, speak to whoever’s in front of your door, and receive immediate notifications whenever an item is delivered.
The simplest way to see how a Santa Fe video doorbell camera works is to explore the many benefits it can provide. Think about these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You aren’t able to get this on each model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading burglary with signals that can be seen and heard. This is a great way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the complete picture, and that should include the faces of people at your entry and items on the surface below. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution streams any time of day: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the use of installing a doorbell camera? The best models will provide amazing night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You are able to receive instant notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between people and boxes.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is a person standing at your front door? Reciprocal audio gives you the chance to inquire about what they want. You might even utilize this helpful feature to scare off people hanging around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will allow you to minimize false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the chance to access current and archived video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you may access them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s happening, and even permit you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. These devices have become difference-makers in terms of protection and convenience.