How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Santa Fe smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in total charge of your Santa Fe home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and explore tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Santa Fe help you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also offers total remote operation via the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or recorded video from all integrated cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Santa Fe by implementing schedules or establishing rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be in the home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and each sensor in your home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll see a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open door will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to circumvent the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Santa Fe
Despite the fact that many users can be entered when your system is installed, you may want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote capability, choose phone or email and submit the information to send an invitation.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s automation and security via an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Santa Fe security system. Dial (505) 605-2552 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.